Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 1 - Credits

Thoughts - My name is Callie. I'm starting this because I'm just trying to get a place where I can let out a bunch of feelings and thoughts that I don't let out during the day and I thought having a blog would help. I think it'll also help with the fact that I'm about to start going through major changes in my life and I'd kinda like to do it not alone.

Between working at School, Zach Theater Company, Palace theater, and odd jobs to meet new people, I'm constantly swamped! But when I have even a week of down time I feel like I'm dying of boredom.


Future - I'm about to graduate high school and move on to college, while all at once trying to create a career in the field of Theater. This shiz is way to hard to do sometimes.

I was kinda half asked to work the Zilker Musical this year but as sound and that's not my strong point. But between the money, people, and time, I'd be dumb to say no to it.


Currently - My good friend is putting on a play for her Capstone presentation. Its an original work she wrote and is directing and starring in herself. But I say this all loosely because at this point I've edited and rewrote at least half of the show, directed everything we've worked on and have single handedly designed the show (with the exception of most the set which by default is the set of Medea that the middle school directors are putting on).
Yet with all this work for my good friend I will get nothing for it. No grade. No fame. Pretty much just my name in a paper program that most people are not even going to look at. If it wasn't for my unexplained want and need of all my shows I see or work to be the best show it can be I'd quit. Darn my love of this art.

My boyfriend is working on Our Town at Zach Theater. This is the best performance of this show I've ever seen. Although not really a part of the show I find myself showing up in black and helping in emergencies if needed. I'm not like forcing myself upon the show, promise. I just care about how it turns out.
My main point in talking about it is the amazing staging and lighting of it. If you live anywhere in the area (Austin) I recommend you go see it. Its worth the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment